Help needed: parsing newsgroup for email
Author Message
 Help needed: parsing newsgroup for email

Hi, there,

I am looking for some code in perl which will help me extract email
addresses from the headers of articles posted in newsgroups. Is it possible
to do this in perl? Does anybody know existance of any code? Can any kind
soul give me leads into developing one.

I am planning to use this to create a database for a non-profit
philanthropic organization to spread its mission.

Thanks for all the help you can provide in this.
-Hem Ramachandran
email:

Fri, 02 May 1997 01:16:07 GMT
 Help needed: parsing newsgroup for email

Quote:

> Hi, there,

> I am looking for some code in perl which will help me extract email
> addresses from the headers of articles posted in newsgroups. Is it possible
> to do this in perl? Does anybody know existance of any code? Can any kind
> soul give me leads into developing one.

> I am planning to use this to create a database for a non-profit
> philanthropic organization to spread its mission.

> Thanks for all the help you can provide in this.
> -Hem Ramachandran
> email:

Hi, this is me again.

Before I get more flames let me speak out.

I apologize for thinking against the spirit of USENET (thanks Randal for
the correction!).

I hereby make it clear to all the members of this community that I don't
intend to pursue this project.

Hem Ramachandran

Fri, 02 May 1997 08:49:27 GMT
 Help needed: parsing newsgroup for email

: I am planning to use this to create a database for a non-profit
: philanthropic organization to spread its mission.

Don't do it.

I for one would be extremly offended and annoyed at being a
receipient.

If for no other reason:
        The receiver pays for your email. You are abusing/stealing
        the resources of your receipient.

: Thanks for all the help you can provide in this.

I hope you will reconsider.

<chaim>

--
Chaim Frenkel                                                   On contract at:

Nonlinear Knowledge, Inc.                              Bear Stearns & Co., Inc.

Mon, 05 May 1997 07:30:26 GMT

1. Need help to parse bounced emails

2. Script needed to parse archive file of newsgroup messages to gather statistical info

3. Script needed to parse archive file of newsgroup messages to gather statistical info

4. Guru help needed - Posting from perl-cgi to newsgroup

5. Help: PERL module to receive/parse email

6. HELP PARSE EMAIL ADDRESSES PLEASE

7. Please help me with this email parsing problem

8. how can I make my perl cgi script email to a newsgroup

9. this newsgroup relayed by email or such ...

10. Need help to modify email checker.

11. NEED HELP: forwarding email to PERL script

12. Need help CGI scripting HTML forms to email