a2p bug...
Author Message
 a2p bug...

I felt bad about posting an awk-2-perl bug to the perl newsgroup, so I
compromised....

The following *perl* script, on my machine:

        open(P,"|a2p|perl"); print P 'BEGIN{exit}';close P; # ;-)

yields:

        Bad label: line at - line 10.

A *perl* error message... ;-)

Stats:

        Sun 4 running SunOS 4.1.2
        perl v. 4.034 (a2p is from that version)

(Has anyone noticed that 4 is a rather magic number for software and
 hardware revs in the UNIX community these days?)

Also, could someone please send me the docs that Larry wrote on how to
get the patches by mail? Thanks.

                        -AJS

open(P,"|a2p|perl");print P 'BEGIN{print"Just another perl wanabe!"}';close P;
--
--------
Disclaimer: I am solely responsible for the content of this message.

Sun, 05 Mar 1995 04:35:56 GMT

1. a2p bug

2. Bugs in perl, oraperl and a2p

3. problem with split() or bug in a2p ?

4. is a2p fibbing ..(($.-$FNRbase))

5. a2p query

6. efficiency of a2p output?

7. Q: MS-DOS versions of a2p, s2p?

8. p5a10c - a2p does not make cleanly on HP-UX 9.04

9. a2p - syntax error?

10. a2p: functions in (n)awk

11. a2p: functions in (n)awk

12. sed/awk to perl - s2p and a2p