pack/unpack strings for IP/TCP packets
Author Message
 pack/unpack strings for IP/TCP packets

I'm having a dog of a time using pack and unpack
to construct raw IP and TCP headers. I need to
create the raw headers (in network byte order)
in order to stuff them down a raw socket running
PROTO_RAW.

I'm not sure how to convert the addresses returned
by gethostbyname or get[whatever] into the format
required by pack ($var, "... N N").

does anyone have a program or know of a program
that does this? My attempts to access the scripts
archive at www.metronet.com have failed for the
past 3 days.

--
-chris

.sig = New son :) No Mo' Time for Hobbies :( = .sig

Fri, 02 May 1997 03:13:51 GMT

1. TCP/IP packet disassembly code?

2. packing raw IP packet

3. How to write a packet sniffer for win32 (TCP Packets)

4. How to write a packet sniffer for win32 (TCP Packets)

5. Getting hostname via numeric IP using TCP/IP?

6. how to send TCP packet...

7. Creating TCP packets using perl

8. Sockets and TCP/UDP packets

9. how to unpack multiformat packet?

10. packing a raw UDP packet - Help needed!!

11. Building IP packets socket()

12. fwdport from Perl Cookbook recipe 17.18 - hangs on read from first syn IP packet