Converting from ctime format to time_t format
Author Message
 Converting from ctime format to time_t format

   I've been trying to parse some syslog files I have lying around
by comparing the date value to some time_t's I have lying around in
a few databases.  Is there a timec function (sort of like the
timelocal function) that does this?  I tried to convert the printed
ascii date into the array that timelocal uses but all I get is an
infinite loop as the timelocal tries to get closer to the correct
answer.

   Code or suggestions on how to get timelocal to behave better would
be most helpful.  I'm using Perl 4.036 on an HP 9000/715.

--

Sun, 28 Apr 1996 06:38:19 GMT

1. Converting ctime format into an integer ??

2. converting date format to unix time format?

3. Converting Month Day Year to time_t.

4. ANNOUNCE: IO::Format 0.02 (perl formats, object oriented, footers)

5. Printing in format statments using e/g format

6. Perl manual (Emacs info-mode format?, NG format)

7. PERLFUNC: format - declare a picture format with use by the write() function

8. PERLFUNC: format - declare a picture format with use by the write() function

9. Using formats, way to avoid exact formatting???

10. ANNOUNCE: IO::Format 0.02 (perl formats, object oriented, footers)

11. number formatting with format

12. **FORMAT Formatting columns/pages