perl5b3 on apollo domain/os (almost :-)
Author Message
 perl5b3 on apollo domain/os (almost :-)

I just grabbed perl5b3 and fired it up on HP/Apollo Domain/OS using
essentially the Configure-generated defaults.

In order to do so, I had to remove the POSIX stuff from being included
I suppose due to Domain/OS lack of POSIXness (posixicity?).

Is this something that would make it unwise to upgrade to perl5 on this
admittedly dead o/s ?

I noticed that the t/lib/posix.t test has the nice sense to check for
POSIX being configured in, and punts gracefully as a result.  Maybe
the other tests below should do so too ???

Problems with Configure:
        shmat() found.
        and it returns (char *).
        Configure[4923]: /usr/include/sys/shm.h: cannot open

Changes to config.sh:
        removed the ODBM lines from config.sh
        removed POSIX stuff from config.sh

Make test:
        op/stat........FAILED on test 1

        op/misc........FAILED on test 3

        lib/posix......1..0

--

        "Mailer-daemon" huh ? Sure, I understand why they called it that...
        See also:

Sat, 15 Mar 1997 02:14:10 GMT

1. perl5a11 on Apollo Domain/OS anybody ?

2. compiling perl4.035 on Apollo domain/os

3. Perl for Apollo Domain?

4. Compiling Perl-4.35 on Apollo Domain 4.0 ?

5. need regex to extract domain.name from host.domain.name

6. TkPerl5a4 and perl5b3 - working?

7. open2 crashes in perl5b3

8. TkPerl5a4 with perl5b3?

9. perl5b3 -w over-officious on split