the official word from Tim O'Reilly (of OR&A) about hardcover Camels
Author Message
 the official word from Tim O'Reilly (of OR&A) about hardcover Camels

Here's what Tim O'Reilly said when asked about the hardcopy books:

Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1992 14:03:32 PDT

Subject: hardcover sales

In general, I think that you can tell people that hardcover sales
don't seem to be sufficient to justify the added expense, but that we
will continue to look into it.

There.  Straight from the horse^H^H^H^H^Hcamel's mouth.

print "Just another Perl [book] hacker,"
--
Randal L. Schwartz / Stonehenge Consulting Services (503)777-0095

cute quote: "Welcome to Portland, Oregon -- home of the California Raisins!"

Sat, 18 Feb 1995 11:42:51 GMT
 the official word from Tim O'Reilly (of OR&A) about hardcover Camels
Another thing concerning the Camel book. Last time I had serious problems obtaining a copy
in Singapore. I ordered it from Techbooks Inc, and their service was *very* bad.
I only got it thanks to Zhenyu Li from Harvard bringing along 3 copies (Thks again
Zhenyu, ps. dis you get that Kris I sent you?).

Once the Camel for Version 5 is out, I'll be needing one, and I'll be back in Singapore by
then :-).

Does OR&A consider taking mail-order orders, maybe even now? Or will I again have to
find another supplier?

----

MchP/LZ Rm:L1356   | X.400:  C=DE/A=DBP/P=SNI-SMTP/O=de/OU1=sni/OU2=mchp/
Carl-Wery-Str. 22  |         OU3=sniap/S=Koerber/G=Mathias
D-8000 Muenchen 83 | X.400:  C=DE/A=DBP/P=SNI/O=SIEMENS NIXDORF/OU1=MUENCHEN/
(United!) Germany  |         OU2=P4/OU3=D5/OU4=AP11/S=KOERBER/G=MATHIAS
* Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht was Leiden schafft *

Sat, 18 Feb 1995 23:52:06 GMT
 the official word from Tim O'Reilly (of OR&A) about hardcover Camels

   Does OR&A consider taking mail-order orders, maybe even now? Or will I again have to
   find another supplier?

OR&A is forbidden by its contract with Addison Wesley from fulfilling
international orders.  You must find an Addison Wesley supplier near
you.

print "Just another Perl [book] hacker,"

--
Randal L. Schwartz / Stonehenge Consulting Services (503)777-0095

cute quote: "Welcome to Portland, Oregon -- home of the California Raisins!"

Sun, 19 Feb 1995 00:03:39 GMT

1. Silicon Valley: Tim O'Reilly To Speak On Open Source

2. O'Reilly & Associates Nutshell Book Exhibit

3. WANTED: Tim Cook's describe clone in perl

4. Where is Tim's list of Modules?

5. ms-word doc's & perl

6. It's official, Learning Perl is orderable!

7. Where's perl5.001 official unofficial patches?

8. O'Reilly's Win32 Perl Resouce Kit

9. Demo programs from O'Reilly Book don't work

10. O'Reilly's Perl/Tk

11. O'Reilly Perl Conference Paper Submission Deadline

12. O'Reilly book on regular expres