make -- magic like ++ is?
Author Message
 make -- magic like ++ is?

Hello people;

Just wondering; is there any clever code out there to make --
(autodecrement) magic like ++ is, at least for A-z0-9_?  Right now I'm
using a loop, ++ 25 times plus a chop to get rid of the prepended A or a
(keep the chopped bit), and regular -- for digits, with a special-case
check for 0 to 9.  Isn't terribly pretty tho, anybody got a better idea?

Thx, email or post, either is fine.

p.s. I finally got a decent unix->dos filename converter working, thx to

Fri, 02 May 1997 09:44:53 GMT

1. Sharpen method of Image::Magic makes trouble

2. Embedded Magic.

3. CGI.pm name-and-file-handle magic? variable

4. Magic String - Tying and overloading

5. perl5/Tk magic "Ev" variables

6. perl v.s. inetd (I forgot the magic)

7. more with magic variables: I guess I'm being stupid

8. info on perl magic?

9. help - 3 magic lines sorting large text

10. module proposal - file recognition magic in perl

11. Looking for some MAGIC

12. Magic Filehandle <>