Binary data and CR-LF's in MSDOS
Author Message
 Binary data and CR-LF's in MSDOS

I'm having a bit of a problem with using unpack to UUdecode data.  On MSDOS,
binary PERL output seems to get translated.  Any occurrence of "0x0A" gets replaced
with "0x0D 0x0A" (obviously these are HEX representations of the data I'm dealing with)
Anyways, is there a way to turn off this translation in PERL?  I have some C routines
that do conversion on text files (UNIX to/from DOS), but they don't work on binary files.

Any ideas?

Jim

P.S. - I would appreciate direct e-mail replies, since I don't get on the newsgroups
very often.  Thanks.

P.P.S. - My e-mail address is below...

Edison, NJ

Twink code:
T6 C1 L2w h-(:) d-- av w- e+ g+ f t++(2,4,6,7,8) k++v s- m1 m2 q-

"Never laugh at live dragons, Bilbo you fool!" he said to himself, and it
 became a favourite saying of his later, and passed into a proverb. "You
 aren't nearly through this adventure yet," he added, and that was pretty
 true as well.
-- Bilbo Baggins, _The Hobbit_ by J.R.R. Tolkien, Chapter XII

Tue, 28 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Converting LF to CR+LF

2. DOS Perl convering LF to CR/LF

3. $/ = CR LF?

4. <FILE> and CR-LF

5. CR before login or any help that would lf before login

6. CR/LF

7. how to remove cr/lf ???

8. Question about formatting/(CR/LF) in PERL

9. Perl and CR+LF

10. Any Utility in Win32/Win95/Dos to remove CR or LF

11. CR LF to <br> in REGEX

12. CR/LF from a form