ANNOUNCE: Tcl Dynamic Loader package version 0.1
Author Message
 ANNOUNCE: Tcl Dynamic Loader package version 0.1

Quote:

>Tcl Dynamic Loader

>See TclDL.doc for detailed specification.

>Note that, to be effective, the TclDL package must be _statically_
>linked into TCL!

>This interface is based on the work of perl5.000's DynaLoader module
>(in no particular order): Larry Wall, Robert Sanders, Dean Roehrich,
>Jeff Okamoto, Anno Siegel, Thomas Neumann, Paul Marquess, Charles Bailey
>and others.

It's a funny old world.  What's that expression?, 'plagiarism is the
sincerest form of flattery' (or something like that).

When I was designing the perl DynaLoader interface I did look into the
early work done for tcl dynamic loading. (In the end very little carried
over, although I did try to allow for a form of pseudo-static linking).

[ I think the reason my name does not appear on the list above is
  that I wrote the document it was copied from :-) I would appreciate
  a mention in later versions ;-) ]

Quote:
>The current version (0.1) only supports:
>    dld     for the dld library (3.2.5) functions (linux, ?)

><<TODO>>

>dlopen      --> sun os, solaris, ...

GNU dld for linux is on the way out. Latest versions of Linux support
ELF format objects and the, fast becoming standard, dlopen() function.
dlopen() is much easier to support.

Quote:
>+-------------------------------------------------------------+
>| Dr Xiaokun Zhu           Manager of the HNW Cluster Project |
>| Department of Aerospace, University of Glasgow, G12 8QQ, UK |
>| Tel   : +44 141 3304068          FAX: +44 141 3305560       |

>+-------------------------------------------------------------+

Regards,
Tim Bunce.

Fri, 29 Aug 1997 21:04:02 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: HTTPi/0.1 package

2. ANNOUNCE: Tk::ObjScanner Beta version 0.1

3. ANNOUNCE: XML::Writer::String version 0.1

4. ANN: Minotaur 0.1 - bridging Tcl, Python, and Perl

5. ANNOUNCE: Net::DNS 0.10 has dynamic updates

6. ANNOUNCE: libwin32 version 0.10 released

7. ANNOUNCE: Inline::Python version 0.10

8. ANNOUNCE: Inline::CPR version 0.10

9. ANNOUNCE - Spreadsheet::WriteExcel, Version 0.10

10. Tk::MDI version 0.1

11. ANNOUNCE: COBRA::IOP::IOR 0.1

12. ANNOUNCE: Text::Vpp 0.1 BETA release