Best way to determine if URL is valid
Author Message
 Best way to determine if URL is valid

I'm looking for the best way to determine if an item exists are a speicifc
URL.

The problem is, I need it to be able to be able to check address using
http:// as well as others URL's such as mms://.

Basically, I need to include any URL formats that may be used for Microsoft,
Real and QuickTime media files.

I tried using LWP::Simple::head, but it does not work on the mms:// URL's.

Any ideas?

Wed, 10 Dec 2003 04:58:35 GMT
 Best way to determine if URL is valid
&error() unless ($url =~ ,(ftp|http|mms)://([\w-]+\.)?[\w-]+\.[\w-.]+,i);

Thu, 11 Dec 2003 21:20:34 GMT

1. Ways to determine current directory?

2. How to: determine if the recipient e-mail adress is valid

3. Seeking advice on semantics (pros / cons and best ways of) using constants across modules

4. Better ways to deal with yppasswd?

5. Better ways to do this?

6. Better ways to...

7. Any better ways of doing this ?

8. EDITING DATAFILES - What is best of 3 ways?

9. Checking if a url is valid

10. How do I check for a valid URL

11. Checking if URL is valid/exist using PERL

12. Testing for valid URL before writing HTML code (cgi)