procmail-invoked perl
Author Message
 procmail-invoked perl

My procmail-invoked perl script can't open the data.txt file it needs to
read. It gets a "Permission denied" message every time. There is nothing
wrong with the code itself and the data.txt file has all its permissions
set to readable. It is a mystery. I guess maybe it has something to do
with how the perl script is being invoked (via procmail) but I can't
figure out what.

Fri, 08 Oct 2004 16:05:17 GMT
 procmail-invoked perl

Quote:

> My procmail-invoked perl script can't open the data.txt file it needs to
> read. It gets a "Permission denied" message every time. There is nothing
> wrong with the code itself and the data.txt file has all its permissions
> set to readable. It is a mystery. I guess maybe it has something to do
> with how the perl script is being invoked (via procmail) but I can't
> figure out what.

Can you post the procmail lines and the code?
Do you know what is producing the "Permission denied" message? Perl
during 'open' or procmail or something else?

How about removing most of the code from your script trying to isolate
the problem. Then you can slowly add code back to the script so it
will be easy to determine what breaks the script.

Sat, 09 Oct 2004 01:53:43 GMT

1. Perl & Procmail Interface Scripting

2. newbie perl procmail ?

3. PROCMAIL + Perl - email filtering and autoresponse

4. procmail-like task in Perl?

5. proposal: perl/mta/procmail mail-masquerading

6. procmail-ish mail handler in perl?

7. perl with procmail

8. procmail, perl and DBD::Oracle

9. Procmail vs Perl.