Q: How to access NT SQL Server from Sun Workstation?
Author Message
 Q: How to access NT SQL Server from Sun Workstation?

Could anyone tell me how I could access a NT SQL Server database
from my Sun workstation (SunOS 4.1.x)?

Will Sybperl work?

If so, I understand that I need the "OpenClient DB-Lib" in order to
compile Sybperl.  What is this, where to I get it from and about
how much will it cost?  Do I get it directly from Sybase Inc.?

Any help, pointers, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
I would prefer it if you could respond directly (via e-mail) to me.
I don't want to inadvertantly miss any responses.  If I get any
interest I'll post any/all answers.

Thanks in advance,

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 19 Jul 1997 06:18:12 GMT
 Q: How to access NT SQL Server from Sun Workstation?

Quote:

>Could anyone tell me how I could access a NT SQL Server database
>from my Sun workstation (SunOS 4.1.x)?
>If so, I understand that I need the "OpenClient DB-Lib" in order to
>compile Sybperl.  What is this, where to I get it from and about
>how much will it cost?  Do I get it directly from Sybase Inc.?

Yes, directly from Sybase.  This is the same Open Client used for Sybase
version 4.9 or before; I don't know if it changed for System 10.  With DB-Lib
you can write your own 3GL programs too.

                                Seth

Sat, 19 Jul 1997 21:33:38 GMT

1. Microsoft SQL access from Unix Sun Solaris Netscape Web server

2. Perl to access MS SQL on NT from Unix web server

3. Perl access of SQL database NT4.0 SQL Server 6.5

4. Unix perl SQL interface module for NT SQL server

5. Linex web server -> NT SQL Server

6. Problem access Sun Apache server through Windows IE4 or Netscape

7. DBD/DBI/whatever accessing remote MS SQL-server

8. Accessing Microsoft SQL Server from Solaris

9. Accessing an Microsoft SQL server from perl running on a Linux box

10. ODBC perl module to access MS-SQL Server?

11. Module for MS SQL Server Access

12. m$ sql server access from perl