Job Control Lang: has anyone written one.
Author Message
 Job Control Lang: has anyone written one.

Has anyone written or seen a job control interpreter written in perl?

I'm running batch jobs on an array of Suns using shell scripts. It's time to
clean house and separate job control from the jobs. Before I go write or buy
something, maybe someone has been there before myself.

For the roll my own project, has anyone written a simple "virtual/hyper-
machine" scheduler for queuing and load-balancing jobs over many cpus...
in perl of course.

Brian Vaughan.

Tue, 03 Dec 1996 06:53:12 GMT

1. NIS ypclnt(3), has anyone written one?

2. Automated FTP program - anyone have one written?

3. Tutorial for writing modules (newbie ones/ portable ones)

4. How to control jobs using PERL?

5. Job Control in Perl

6. is Perl adequate as a job control langage

7. Anyone having problems with perldb in perl5a9?

8. Anyone want a job?

9. Having problems writing a tar file.

10. Writing an extension for C function having structure argument

11. 1st time writing perl having trouble

12. Need popunder written-contract job