A Perl Script Runs on Different Platforms
Author Message
 A Perl Script Runs on Different Platforms

The paths to the perl interperters are different on various platforms.
I want to write a perl script which runs on different platform without
modifying the first line #! manually, i.e. let the script find the
perl interpreter's path *automatically*.

Thanks.

Mon, 18 Apr 2005 23:37:00 GMT
 A Perl Script Runs on Different Platforms

Quote:

> The paths to the perl interperters are different on various platforms.
> I want to write a perl script which runs on different platform without
> modifying the first line #! manually, i.e. let the script find the
> perl interpreter's path *automatically*.

Two methods to do this are given in "perldoc perlrun"

By the way what keywords did you use in your Usenet search before you
posted?  How did you miss a thread with the subject "Running the same
scripts of different platforms"?

This newsgroup does not exist. Please do not start threads here. See
FAQ.

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 21:16:57 GMT

1. Running same perl script on different platforms

2. Running the same scripts of different platforms

3. transferring scripts to different platforms

4. perl script running as a different uid cannot load package

5. Help: Moving Perl to different platform

6. Perl Programme written on different platforms

7. Perl script to serve up different HTML pages at different times of day

8. Running scripts under different user ID on UNIX

9. setuid - running a script for different users

10. Running script fragment in different file, same context

11. Problem with sort() in different platform

12. ext.libs file for different platforms