win32 bad (light word for it) compile
Author Message
 win32 bad (light word for it) compile

I was compiling perl on windows 2000, and when the msvc 'cl' compiler
started compiling a certain file my computer went to hell twice.

First I lost my 'Program Files' mount point to the partition (the drive
letter stayed), and then some dlls (when tried to load up) said that they
weren't valid windows images. I couldn't get mirc to even connect because of
insufficient buffer space.

There were other problems too.

Is there any reason why this would happen? (I did try to compile perl before
and had no trouble).

Regards,
Jeffrey Drake

8257536

Fri, 26 Dec 2003 07:30:43 GMT
 win32 bad (light word for it) compile
Is there a good reason you are trying to compile.  Why aren't you
using ActivePerl from www.activestate.com?

Ilya

Quote:

> I was compiling perl on windows 2000, and when the msvc 'cl' compiler
> started compiling a certain file my computer went to hell twice.

> First I lost my 'Program Files' mount point to the partition (the drive
> letter stayed), and then some dlls (when tried to load up) said that they
> weren't valid windows images. I couldn't get mirc to even connect because of
> insufficient buffer space.

> There were other problems too.

> Is there any reason why this would happen? (I did try to compile perl before
> and had no trouble).

> Regards,
> Jeffrey Drake

> 8257536

Fri, 26 Dec 2003 22:35:50 GMT

1. Bad Word - Swear Word Checking - I Surrender!

2. Looking for Bad Words...

3. !(Newbie) Bad Word Filter URL Fetcher Bit of Script Needed

4. Looking for bad words?

5. replacing certain 'bad' words globally

6. Forum addons ie: bad words filter

7. Bad (Swear) Word Checking

8. Text filter for bad words (Continuation)

9. Bad word filter

10. words words words

11. Win32::EventLog EventID returns bad data

12. Mail::Sender bad file descriptor (Apache for Win32 on win2k, ActiveState Perl 5.6, Win2k SMTP server)