HELP: Dynamic Loading not available
Author Message
 HELP: Dynamic Loading not available

I'm trying to figure out tie() vs. dbmopen(), and wrote the following
script to get some data out of an old database:

(I know, it's really screwed up...)

#!/usr/bin/perl5

use POSIX;
use ODBM_File;
$mydata='mailboard';
tie(%HIST, ODBM_File, "$mydata", O_RDONLY, 0);
         while (($key, $val) = each %HIST) {
#        foreach $key (sort(keys %HIST) {
#             print $key, ' = ', $HIST{$key}, "\n";
                print "$key\n";
         }
         untie(%HIST);

But when I run this, I get the following message:

bermuda:/usr/u/k/kenzoid/Mail>perl5 dbmp5

Can't load module ODBM_File, dynamic loading not available in this
perl at O
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at dbmp5 line 3.

Huh?  Is there a package for dynamic loading that I should be
including, or something, or is this perl (5.001, I believe) not
capable, or what?

Thanks,

Sat, 06 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP: Dynamic Loading not available

Quote:

> I'm trying to figure out tie() vs. dbmopen(), and wrote the following
> script to get some data out of an old database:

> Can't load module ODBM_File, dynamic loading not available in this
> perl at O

> Huh?  Is there a package for dynamic loading that I should be
> including, or something, or is this perl (5.001, I believe) not
> capable, or what?

It's a platform issue. When you built perl either you or Configure
decided that the platform (the Operating System) did not support
dynamic loading.

I had a patch included in Perl5.001i to clarify that error. It now
reads:

Can't load module $module, dynamic loading not available in this perl.
  (You may need to build a new perl executable which either supports
  dynamic loading or has the $module module statically linked into it.)

Quote:
> Thanks,

Tim.

Sat, 06 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can't load module Tk, dynamic loading not available in this p

2. Problems embedding perl in C: dynamic loading not available in this perl

3. Can't load module DBI, dynamic loading not available in this perl.

4. Can't load module Tk, dynamic loading not available in this p erl.

5. Q*: Can't load module Tk, dynamic loading not available in this perl.

6. referenced symbol not found and recursive dynamic load

7. Dynamic loading fails - help !

8. HELP: Compiling Perl for Dynamic Module Loading

9. HELP: Compiling Perl for Dynamic Module Loading

10. Help needed - Dynamic loading configuration

11. Help with - Dynamic HTML loading an applet????

12. Help installing BerkeleyDB module - dynamic loading?