uperl.o for Solaris, if that makes sense
Author Message
 uperl.o for Solaris, if that makes sense

Hi.

I've been trying to get sybperl built
on my Solaris system.  It claims that
I need a file by the name of uperl.o.

Is this a file produced by making either
perl4 or perl5?  I haven't seen it yet in
either system.  Does it show up after a completely
successful build(which I haven't yet managed to
do in either perl4 or perl5)?   Anybody got
a copy for Solaris they could just give me?

Thanks.

--
Perfect 5th Perfect 5th La La La La Perfect 5th Perfect 5th La La La La

Mon, 24 Mar 1997 23:15:53 GMT
 uperl.o for Solaris, if that makes sense

Quote:

> Hi.

> I've been trying to get sybperl built
> on my Solaris system.  It claims that
> I need a file by the name of uperl.o.

> Is this a file produced by making either
> perl4 or perl5?  I haven't seen it yet in
> either system.  Does it show up after a completely
> successful build(which I haven't yet managed to
> do in either perl4 or perl5)?   Anybody got
> a copy for Solaris they could just give me?

> Thanks.

> --
> Perfect 5th Perfect 5th La La La La Perfect 5th Perfect 5th La La La La

Forgive my posting this to the news group, but your e-mail address doesn't
resolve to anything my mailer knows about...

Have you received a reply on this?  uperl.o is one of the object files generated
when one builds perl from the sources.  I've been trying to do that on my Solaris
system (2.3) but have been unsuccessful, getting a link error message:

Undefined               first referenced
 symbol                     in file
__builtin_va_arg_incr               util.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to perl

I don't have the development system from Sun but have the Gnu 'C' compiler and
libraries so I may have an inconsistency between my system and available libraries.
If you locate a util.o, could you point me at it too?  I need it to complete
building a perl library for cisam file manipulation and it may be easier to steal
than to build.  Thanks.

--

CIT - Consulting & Programming Resources  |           --------           |
Intel Corporation   CH11-90               |                              |

Wed, 26 Mar 1997 05:24:25 GMT

1. HELP! - error message not making sense

2. Illegal seek (this makes no sense to me =)

3. Making signals reliable in Perl 4.036 on Solaris 2.x

4. making perl5.001 under Solaris 2.4

5. Trouble Making DBI-1.21 on Solaris 8

6. fixes I made for sfio on Solaris 2.6

7. Newbie: Don′t know how making perl 5.002 under Solaris

8. Error making 5.001m in Solaris

9. Making perl5 for dump (-u) on Solaris 2.4?

10. making on Solaris?

11. Problems making perl-tk on Solaris

12. Where is uperl.o