Something strange..
Author Message
 Something strange..

Hi,
Whenever I try to load a module or any fie, using "require" or "use", my
script dies..
I have tried using "require" and putting the absolute path to a file in, and
it still doesn't work.
The file is most definately there, and most definately returns true (ends
with 1;).

checked and double checked that the modules are located in those paths, and
they most definately are there.

I can do anything that doesn't require a module, but as soon as I "require"
or "use", it dies !!

I don't have access to the server error logs, so I can't tell much more than
that.. (and I can't use Carp.pm coz it has to be loaded..)

The server runs Win NT 4.0 (afaik), and perl 5.6.0..  I'm almost certain it
is running some flavour of IIS, but I can't really tell (all I can tell is
that it's not running Apache, and most NT servers run IIS).

I'm uploading to this server for a client, so I don't know a great deal
about the account or the server..

I have tested the scripts in question on my machine, win2k pro, and the
latest version of apache, and all runs fine...
Any ideas ??

--
Regards,
Chris

Wed, 22 Sep 2004 14:21:47 GMT
 Something strange..
Quote:

>Whenever I try to load a module or any fie, using "require" or "use",
myscript dies..
>I have tried using "require" and putting the absolute path to a file in,

and it still doesn't work.
Quote:
>The file is most definately there, and most definately returns true (ends

with 1;).

[SNIP MY PREVIOUS POST]

Ok, now I know for certain it is running IIS and NT4,
but finer details such as service packs and IIS version are unavailable.

I have just spent a good 45 minutes searching google, then google groups
trying to find a solution..
So far I have seen at least 20 posts, where people are having the same
problem as me..
If you include those that are only using relative paths, that number jumps
closer to 60..
I know how to tackle the problem of relative paths not working, but I can't
get absolute paths to work either, so it's a different problem entirely..

Man I hate IIS !!!!!!  Why can't people face facts that it's useless, and
install Apache instead ?
Infact, why go out and pay good money afer bad for a windows server
operating system to start with ? Why not invest in Unix, or one of the free
varients of Linux ? (I hear FreeBSD is great for such things)..

--
Regards,
Chris

Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:28:42 GMT

1. GD Graphics ... something strange

2. Something strange with map & sort.

3. How to Deal With Something.zoo and Something.gz

4. === Calling http:// ....something /something.cgi within another script ===

5. Strange problem: strange character added during a mkdir

6. any way to have perl print something, then print something on top of that?

7. If statement chacking if a variable is something OR something else?

8. Something like setsid() for Windows?

9. something like col -b to fix man output

10. while seems to do something non-obvious

11. GNU Script isn't fixing something that's broken, so is doomed

12. Something similar to Javadoc for perl???