SGML to HTML Perl Scripts???
Author Message
 SGML to HTML Perl Scripts???

Quote:

>Is there a SGML parser written in Perl that I can use to "break" these
>larger files into smaller files and that I can use to create the HTML
>indexes to these smaller files?.... or does anybody have pointers to
>information on how I could write these Parsers myself?  I have the
>feeling that this can't be too difficult because the SGML in these
>documents is strictly scructured...

Earl Hood's perlsgml distribution will probably be very helpful. Try

      http://www.*-*-*.com/

and this ftp site

     ftp://ftp.uci.edu

Hope this helps.

Ted

Sat, 18 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 SGML to HTML Perl Scripts???
Quote:

> I have a client who wants to publish a large set of SGML documents on
> the WWW.  These SGML documents are arranged in Chapter, Section,
> Paragraph form with titles for each level.  The documents are now kept
> one Chapter to a file.  I'd like to break this down to be either one
> Section to a file or one Paragraph to a file and then create HTML pages
> which index the individual Paragraphs.  In the future, we'd like to
> add search capabilities based on the Titles of each level.

> Is there a SGML parser written in Perl that I can use to "break" these
> larger files into smaller files and that I can use to create the HTML
> indexes to these smaller files?.... or does anybody have pointers to
> information on how I could write these Parsers myself?  I have the
> feeling that this can't be too difficult because the SGML in these
> documents is strictly scructured...

The Module List says:

SGML::
::SP           cd+O  Interface to James Clark's Sp SGML parser    DFD

someone recently posted an announcement of another Perl5 interface to
the SP parser but I don't have a Module List entry for that.

Regards,
Tim.

Sun, 19 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. SGML-SPGrove-0.01: perl module for loading SGML, XML, HTML

2. Need Script to Convert SGML to HTML

3. Need Script to Convert SGML to HTML

4. SGML to HTML for *green* Perl People

5. ANNOUNCE: Perl SGML/HTML/Mosaic/Frame MIF tools

6. SGML to HTML using Perl

7. SGML::parser & SGML::ultil

8. SGML->HTML

9. SGML-X/HTML converter

10. converting CALS (SGML) to formated HTML tables...

11. converting SGML special characters to HTML

12. converting CALS (SGML) to formated HTML tables...