Big Perl and Windows 95 problem opening network files
Author Message
 Big Perl and Windows 95 problem opening network files

I am curious if anyone has seen a problem I am having when opening files
on an NT server from Big Perl (latest edition) running under Win95 (build 501)?

Every once in a while, an open fails with the message:

     Unexpected error reading drive x:
     Abort Retry Fail?

Typing "R" usually doesn't help, unless you deactivate the current window, then
reactivate it, in which case, typing R always allows the program to continue as
if nothing bad happened.

If you've seen the problem before, I'd appreciate hearing from you,
particularly if you have any clue as to what causes it.  It appears to be
related to the network load, maybe.

--Mike

National Science Foundation
Div. of Information Systems, Room 455
4201 Wilson Boulevard                  Telephone: 703-306-1159 x4660
Arlington, VA  22230                         FAX: 703-306-0234

Mon, 15 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Big problem with perl and Windows [95]

2. Open file in Windows 95

3. Problem installing libwww-perl on Windows '95 platform

4. Problems with Tk::WaitBox with Perl v5.004_02 under Windows 95

5. A curious problem with entry widgets in Perl/Tk for Windows 95

6. Problem with Perl cgi under June Windows 95

7. Help ! Windows 95 and Perl Install Problem

8. Problem running system commands from Win32 perl under Windows 95

9. Perl on Windows 95 backtick problem

10. Where can I get Perl for Windows NT or Windows 95

11. Perl and Windows 95 File Sizes

12. Installing Perl on Windows 95 or Windows 98