Converting SQL89 YACC rule to Parse::RecDescent
Author Message
 Converting SQL89 YACC rule to Parse::RecDescent

I'm having a left-recursion problem converting an LALR (YACC) spec to
LL (Parse::RecDescent).  I've read several articles on eliminating
left recursion, and they have helped with the simpler rules.  However,
I have one rule that is giving me trouble:
search_condition:
                search_condition /OR/i search_condition
        |       search_condition /AND/i search_condition
        |       /NOT/i search_condition
        |       '(' search_condition ')'
        |       predicate

predicate:
                comparison_predicate
        |       between_predicate
        |       like_predicate
        |       test_for_null
        |       in_predicate
        |       all_or_any_predicate
        |       existence_test

I'm having a problem reworking the "search_condition" rule so that it
works with Parse::RecDescent.  Any suggestions?

Wed, 14 Dec 2005 21:10:29 GMT

1. Parse::RecDescent -- Variable-sequence rules?

2. HELP needed on a simple Parse::RecDescent program (problem: some rules are matched twice)

3. Parse::RecDescent: Matching rules in arbitrary input ?

4. HELP needed on a simple Parse::RecDescent program (problem: some rules are matched twice)

5. Text Parsing - Parse::RecDescent or another method?

6. Parsing with Parse::RecDescent

7. Parse::RecDescent and parsing comments

8. Help: Problem with simple parsing and Parse::RecDescent

9. Parsing with Parse::RecDescent

10. Parse::RecDescent stops parsing.

11. Rules parsing

12. PARSING with lex/yacc.