exec and environments
Author Message
 exec and environments

If I fork and then exec a new program, will the exec'ed program have
the same environment as the parent?  It seems to be this way, but just
wanted to verify.

Thanks,
Doug

Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:44:53 GMT
 exec and environments

Quote:
> If I fork and then exec a new program, will the exec'ed program have
> the same environment as the parent?  It seems to be this way, but just
> wanted to verify.

Yes.

Fri, 24 Sep 2004 21:12:31 GMT

1. Q: exec recreates environment?

2. environment variables to exec()?

3. exec environment variables

4. calling perl from Java and Arguments: Runtime.exec() or system.exec()

5. could not fork new process (exec() failure [Exec format error])

6. HELP: exec($prog) or die "exec failed";

7. Beginner: "exec" within an "exec" problem

8. Beginner: "exec" within an "exec" problem

9. HELP: exec($prog) or die "exec failed";

10. building perl for a very hetero environment

11. CTLib - Sybase environment variable?

12. Exporting environment variables