Perl availability on VMS
Author Message
 Perl availability on VMS

I am new to Perl. My requirement is to write a Perl script to convert certain
tokens of my software. This software runs on a variety of platforms, namely
UNIX, VMS, AIX, HP-UX.

Where can I get the VMS version of Perl? I have read in "The Llama" book that
one should inquire in the net. I would appreciate any info/pointers on this
query.

Thank you in anticipation.

Kannan

Mon, 10 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Perl availability on VMS
[Reply posted to c.l.p and Cc:d to poster. - CB]

Quote:
> I am new to Perl. My requirement is to write a Perl script to convert certain
> tokens of my software. This software runs on a variety of platforms, namely
> UNIX, VMS, AIX, HP-UX.

> Where can I get the VMS version of Perl? I have read in "The Llama" book that
> one should inquire in the net. I would appreciate any info/pointers on this
> query.

Perl 5 should build out of the box under VMS.  There were a few things missed
in the 5.001 release, and several minor postrelease bugfixes, so until 5.002
comes out, I've made a test version of Perl with VMS patches available at
ftp://genetics.upenn.edu/perl5/perl5_001_yymmddx.zip.  You're welcome to give
it a try; please let me know if you run into any problems.

                    Regards,
                    Charles Bailey
--
!-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
!              Computational Biology and Informatics Laboratory

!-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mon, 10 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Availability of Perl 5

2. comp.lang.perl.* FAQ 1/5 - Availability

3. comp.lang.perl.* FAQ 1/5 - Availability

4. Availability of PERL port to MVS?

5. comp.lang.perl.* FAQ 1/5 - Availability

6. comp.lang.perl FAQ 1/5 - Availability

7. comp.lang.perl FAQ 1/5 - Availability

8. Perl availability

9. comp.lang.perl FAQ 1/5 - Availability

10. comp.lang.perl FAQ 1/5 - Availability

11. Availability of PlRPC in Perl 5.6

12. comp.lang.perl.* FAQ 1/5 - Availability