Modification of command line arguments
Author Message
 Modification of command line arguments

I'm currently writing a perl script to convert C++ subclasses
written against an old version of our library to match the most
current release.  I've written the script to actually perform the
code conversion, however the interface I'm providing to the users
is very sloppy.

The problem is this:
        1. multiple code files:
                xxx.C
                xxx.H
                xxx.cf
        2. each of these files needs to be processed slightly differently.

I currently have multiple scripts, the basic syntax being:
        foo xxx.C > blah

What I'd **really** like to be able to do is:

        foo xxx

which would create the appropriate backup files
        xxx.C.34
        xxx.H.34
        xxx.cf.34
and then perform the appropriate filtering on the base files.

From years of hacking sed/awk, etc, I know I can do this by brute force,
but I'd rather do it the right way in perl.  Can anyone provide guidance
on how to approach this (or perhaps point me in the right direction in the
camel book?)

thanks

steve misek

Sun, 03 Mar 1996 01:16:59 GMT

1. Help! with command line arguments

2. running perl at command line with arguments: script.cgi?text=text

3. Command line arguments.

4. Simple reordering of command line arguments.

5. Command line arguments?

6. Passing form values back to a script as command line arguments

7. How to set varible from command line argument??

8. patch1 for wafeperl 0.2 to allow xt command line argument processing

9. Where are command line arguments described?

10. passing arguments on the command line to the script

11. Variable to get arguments from command line

12. Command line arguments