problem in msdos 'formats'
Author Message
 problem in msdos 'formats'

Has anyone experienced problems using 'format' statements when
printing fields from gdbm assoc arrays?  Without gdbm I can't seem
to reproduce the problem.  It only seems to occur with > 3/4 fields.
One symptom is that entries from the database get zeroed just before
printing, the other symptom is stack overflow and/or crash.
It doesn't happen when using Len Reed's perl286 and high memory.  It
also works ok with UNIX compiled perl/gdbm.

I'm trying to form a minimal example program.

Any ideas?

marcus daniels

- "The power of accurate observation is called cynicism by those who
        don't have it"

Wed, 23 Mar 1994 01:12:26 GMT

1. MSDOS perl 'opendir'

2. Problem with '-i' flag in MSDOS perl's

3. 'MacPerl' and 'format' problem

4. Which dbm format is 'preferred'

5. 'format' munges TABS

6. Highlit fields in 'format' fields