DIFF
Author Message
 DIFF

Hello happy perl people

Has anyone written a diff-like routine?

What I'm trying to do is to compare a target line of text against a
whole document in order to find the text that matches the target most
closely at a charcater level.  The hamfisted approach would be to use
split to break each line into one character per line lines and run
system calls to diff - but this strikes me as pretty silly.

I appreciate I should get into the diff algorithms(^) but before I start
re-inventing square wheels has anybody done this kind of thing already ?

(^ does anyone know an ftp or some such site where I can get hold of:
"An O(ND) Difference Algorithm and its Variations", Eugene Myers,
Algorithimica Vol. 1 No. 2, 1986, p251 )

Many thanks

Sean at the core dump

Sun, 05 Mar 1995 00:38:51 GMT

1. Same code, diff machines, diff results

2. Algorithm::Diff -- why does diff() return LOLOL instead of LOL?

3. Perl diff

4. HELP: function to get diff for 2 dates

5. Is there a Module File:Diff available ?

6. RFC: HTML::FileDiff -- display diff of two files in HTML

7. diff that operates on Perl variables?

8. diff between my and local?

9. regular expression matching (a better diff) again...

10. Looking for a "diff" in Perl

11. diff between @arr{$key} and $arr{$key}

12. what is the diff. between exec and system