Script wanted to return a hypertext list of a directory's contents
Author Message
 Script wanted to return a hypertext list of a directory's contents

I am relatively new to Perl and am boggled by the amount of information
out there.  I think this is a pretty basic information, and if you could
point me to a relevant URL or FTP site, I can do the legwork myself.

From what I understand of Perl and HTTP servers, it is possible when
connecting to a URL to run a Perl script that returns the equivalent of an
HTML page.  Given this capability, it seems very simple to have a script
that when accessed would return the contents of a directory -- with
manipulation of the contents such as listing only the .gif files or such.

Is this easy?  Does it depend on the platform?  (I can access both Mac and
Unix servers.)  Where can I research more information about this?  Does
anyone already have a script I could play around with?

Thanks in advance.

- Jeff -
_______

Tue, 08 Apr 1997 10:09:30 GMT

1. Assigning Directory Contents to a Unique List

2. listing the contents of a directory in perl

3. list contents of directory...

4. How do you list the whole directory contents in perl for win32

5. Help for listing directory contents

6. getting list of directories, returned as an array

7. Perl Script to Show Directory Contents

8. Perl Script to Show Directory Contents

9. WANTED: perl script for gopher .cap directory to .names file

10. randomly shuffling the contents of a list (of lists)

11. perl script for mailing list wanted

12. Wanted: a list of really useful perl scripts.