Opinions wanted: Perl vs C
Author Message
 Opinions wanted: Perl vs C

I'm soliciting opinions on using C vs Perl. I would like to do scripting for WWW servers
using the CGI interface. The catch is: I would like to write a process on a Unix
based machine running WWW HTTPD server that can talk to a Windows machine. I plan on doing
this w/ sockets.  I already code in C and Perl looks interesting (I have the O'Reilly
Programming Perl book)

E-Mail response is fine.

Thanks in advance,
Ron Zika

            Welfare should be as hard to get as a building permit

Thu, 17 Jul 1997 14:06:53 GMT

1. oraperl/ingperl for Perl 4 - opinions wanted

2. Perl vs PHP, I need your opinion!

3. Need Opinion: VBScript vs Perl

4. opinions on tcl/tk vs perl/tk

5. Just wanted to share this technique (and hear some opinions about it)

6. Opinions wanted on an idea for a new module - CGISession.pm

7. regex opinions wanted

8. Wanted: opinions on bytecode-compiling modules under 5.005

9. Search: :* Opinions Wanted

10. Hot novel by CS professor, includes perl code

11. Australian FTP site for perl4.0 - escher.gallery.cs.unsw.oz.au

12. Soliciting views on PLs in CS education