Improving Tcl/Tk program with Perl/Tk?
Author Message
 Improving Tcl/Tk program with Perl/Tk?

Hi all,

I've got this Tcl/Tk program at work that works as a GUI to a
command-line scientific program. It's working just great but the
problem is that I have no experience with Tcl/Tk and, from my
one-month experience with Perl/Tk and a longer experience with Perl, I
would prefer to work with Perl/Tk. It is of course possible to start
again from scratch using Perl/Tk, but hopefully I won't have to do it.
The question is: What are my options in this situation? Is it possible
to take it as it is and improve on it using Perl/Tk?

I also have a technical question: I'm trying to write a subroutine
that creates an Entry widget, give it a label and assign the input to
a variable:

$entry = $parent->Entry(-textvariable=>\$variable)

Q: How do I pass a variable (not its value) as an argument to the
subroutine to be used for the -textvariable option?

Much thanks,

David

Wed, 08 Dec 2004 06:43:50 GMT

1. Tcl and Tcl::Tk w/ Tcl 7.5, 7.6 and Tk 4.1, 4.2

2. Tcl::Tk and Tcl modules are available to provide Tk GUI to perl

3. opinions on tcl/tk vs perl/tk

4. perl/tk vs.tcl/tk

5. Perl/Tk vs. Tcl/Tk

6. starting Tcl/Tk from perl/Tk

7. tcl/tk->perl/tk translator

8. tcl/tk->perl/tk: send/receive

9. Perl/Tk or Tcl/Tk ?

10. alternative to tcl/tk snack with perl/tk

11. Any Tcl/Tk features missing from Perl/Tk?

12. Perl/Tk vs. Tcl/Tk version numbering