Problem with setuid scripts.
Author Message
 Problem with setuid scripts.

Hi Friends,

I have a peculiar problem.  I have a set of perl scripts which have their
setuid/setgid bits on.  I used the suidscript (from the Camel book)
for creating a C wrapper on these scripts.  The perl scripts also have the
-U switch set. i.e

#!/usr/local/bin/perl -U

The scripts worked fine with my system, which is a SunOS version 4.1.3 (sun4c).
A 'uname -a' command on this m/c gives:

SunOS falcon 4.1.3 1 sun4c

The same scripts do not work on a system with SunOS version 4.1.3 (sun4m).
A 'uname -a' command on this m/c gives:

SunOS topaz 4.1.3_U1 2 sun4m

On this m/c, it gives the following error message:

        Can't run setuid script with taint checks.

When I changed /usr/local/bin/perl to /usr/local/bin/taintperl,
I get the error message:

        Insecure PATH at /home/codeup/bin/dotsh.pl line 51.

I checked the permissions of the perl scripts, these are:

        -r-xr-xr-x  1 eashwar staff         17385 Jul 21 17:59 .foo.pl
        -r-sr-sr-x  1 eashwar staff         24576 Jul 21 17:59 foo.pl

These permissions are the same as on my system.  I can't find out why the
scripts work fine on my m/c and don't work at all in the other m/c.

Can any one please help me out?

Regards,

Eashwaran.

Org  : Hinditron Tektronix Instruments Ltd. India.

--

Sat, 11 Jan 1997 23:03:58 GMT

1. Problem with setuid scripts

2. problem with setuid script

3. Taint problem with setuid script

4. Problems with SETUID scripts running vi Apache w/ Linux

5. Problem with setuid script in Solaris

6. Problem with setuid scripts

7. Problem: setuid script calling program that forks (I think :)

8. setuid script problem under 4.036

9. setuid Perl script problem with HP-UX 9.01

10. setuid script problems

11. Having Problems With setuid stickybit and a perl script

12. Setuid script problems