MVS port of perl?
Author Message
 MVS port of perl?

I have heard rumors of a port of perl to MVS, and I was wondering if anybody
here knew of such a beast.  I've checked the FAQ and the newsgroup archives
with no success so far.  Please let me know if you have any references to
this.

Keith
---
| Keith A. Marrocco                    | Oracle DBA                    |
| Computing and Information Services   | Systems Group Database Team   |
| Texas A&M University                 | (409) 845-1037                |
|          URL: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~keith/keith.html          |

Fri, 02 May 1997 23:53:31 GMT
 MVS port of perl?
If you go to WWW.IBM.COM, look under their products and services, one of
the references is to Open Edition and one of the lower pages references
a tool called "perl".  If you download it, you'll end up with a 7MB
t (which appears to be a variety of tar).  The resultant
file has to, I believe, be untared to an MVS system with all the
appropriate MVS software (Open Edition at least).  I didn't get too far
with it but didn't try that hard since we're a ways away from it.

Sat, 03 May 1997 09:21:23 GMT

1. perl port to MVS

2. Availability of PERL port to MVS?

3. Is there a Perl port to MVS (Mainframe)?

4. ANNOUNCE: MVS::JESFTP 0.02 - Perl extension for submitting JCL to MVS systems

5. perl for MVS

6. Perl for MVS, anyone?

7. Perl for MVS -- A step closer to reality

8. Perl for MVS?

9. Perl for MVS?

10. Perl on IBM MVS mainframe?

11. PERL for MVS/ESA