Is there a perl yacc?
Author Message
 Is there a perl yacc?

Is there a yacc-like package for perl, i.e. something that can convert a
context-free grammar into perl code?

Assuming it doesn't exist, would it be a bad idea for one to exist?
By this I mean would it violate some tenet of the Perl philosophy?

Is it way too hard to even conceive of?

Just wondering,

Brian Woelfel
U. Penn

Sun, 05 Mar 1995 02:26:43 GMT
 Is there a perl yacc?

Quote:

>Is there a yacc-like package for perl, i.e. something that can convert a
>context-free grammar into perl code?

Use Berkeley yacc with -p option. Thanks to:

Quote:

> Patches to version 1.6 to produce Perl code by

>          Ray Lischner
>          uunet!mntgfx!lisch

> Patches to version 1.8 to produce Perl code by

>          Rick Ohnemus
>          uunet!sparky!rick

Check up (dist dir)/test/{getdate,calc}.y for perl usage.
It is particularly useful for checking your grammer rules etc.

Mandeep.
"I'm very brave generally," he went on in a low voice:
"only to-day I happen to have a headache."
                                      -- Lewis Carroll

Sun, 05 Mar 1995 14:31:48 GMT
 Is there a perl yacc?

   >Is there a yacc-like package for perl, i.e. something that can convert a
   >context-free grammar into perl code?

   Use Berkeley yacc with -p option. Thanks to:

   > Patches to version 1.6 to produce Perl code by
   >
   >          Ray Lischner
   >          uunet!mntgfx!lisch

   > Patches to version 1.8 to produce Perl code by
   >
   >          Rick Ohnemus
   >          uunet!sparky!rick

   Check up (dist dir)/test/{getdate,calc}.y for perl usage.
   It is particularly useful for checking your grammer rules etc.

Is there an ftp site with this version of yacc?

Jon Vander Hill

Mon, 06 Mar 1995 05:50:49 GMT

1. Perl Lexers and Parsers - Lex/YACC for Perl?

2. perl.y --> Perl's Yacc Grammar

3. Info for perl-porters: yacc discrepancy on HPUX 9.04

4. Perl yacc

5. lex/yacc files for perl

6. yacc to perl???

7. LEX YACC for perl?

8. Linking a yacc generated object with perl

9. Where is Yacc for perl???

10. perl vs. yacc

11. perl yacc

12. Perl 5 and smaller yacc(1)