Finding minimal set of needed regexps
Author Message
 Finding minimal set of needed regexps

I have a set of rewriting-rules expressed with regexps in an application. My
question is if there is a good, efficient algorithm that will find me the
minimal number of regexps (from the set) that together fully will match a
given string. Several of these regexps match overlapping contexts to some
extent.

Thanks for any help.

/Mikael

Wed, 05 May 2004 02:12:41 GMT

1. A Small Distribution: Minimal File Set?

2. New Minimal RegExp Wildcards in Perl 5, Help Needed

3. Need help piping data to script using CGI::Minimal

4. Finding all regexps matches at once?

5. regexps with index(), regexps vs strings, clarify $*

6. Perl regexps compared to Python regexps

7. Need help with perl regexps

8. Newbie needs help with perl regexps

9. Newbie needs help with perl regexps

10. Newbie needs help with perl regexps

11. Help needed: Regexps (pattern matching) with hashes?!

12. Parsing embedded regexps (was: Newbie needs help)