oracle cron job
Author Message
 oracle cron job

hi,

How can I source the oracle environment variables into my perl script.
I wrote a perl script to do an export of my oracle database.
Apparently since the cron gets started by root user, the oracle
environment doesn't get set, and the export fails. Please advice.

thanks in advance.

Thu, 16 Sep 2004 01:54:57 GMT
 oracle cron job

Quote:

>hi,

>How can I source the oracle environment variables into my perl script.
>I wrote a perl script to do an export of my oracle database.
>Apparently since the cron gets started by root user, the oracle
>environment doesn't get set, and the export fails. Please advice.

>thanks in advance.

$ENV{'MY_ORACLE_VARNAME'} = "whatever you want";

...Then call your child process.

--
Vorxion - Member of The Vortexa Elite

Thu, 16 Sep 2004 17:32:03 GMT

1. Perl in cron jobs - output

2. executing perl program in cron job

3. Difficulties running a Perl/tip job from cron

4. do 'functions.pl': problems with cron jobs

5. Newbie needs help with cron job

6. How to debug cron job?

7. Cron Job limitations - help needed

8. Different results when a cron job

9. Get last execution time for a cron job

10. Running Perl Script as cron job : SERIOUS PROBLEM

11. LWP and Linux Cron Jobs?

12. Date Manipulation / Cron Job