perl book socket server example does not work
Author Message
 perl book socket server example does not work

I know there have been dozens of socket questions posted in this
newsgroup, but I have not seen my problem posted in the faq or on
this newsgroup.

I typed in the socket server program from the book.
Got the standard "protocol not supported", so I changed
$SOCK_STREAM = 2 (just like the faq says).

The problem is that now the server sits there and the client will
not connect to it.  The client will connect to other things
(i.e. telnet port 23).  telnet will not connect to this server either.

Has anyone tried this example and seen the same problem?

Thanks.
Paul

Mon, 11 Aug 1997 00:18:43 GMT

1. Socket client/server example not working on Windows 2K

2. server example does not work on IRIX 5.3

3. Send mail script not working in 2nd server but working in 1st server

4. puzzled over fork() doing something different to book example

5. Send mail script not working in 2nd server but working in 1st server

6. socket problem with server/client from Perl Camel book on Sun Solaris 2.5.1 box

7. Perl multithread/multiprocess socket server example?

8. Perl multithread/multiprocess socket server example?

9. books, e-books, examples about PERL

10. camel book example- clien/server

11. Perl Script Form Code out of book not working

12. Example using UserAgent provided in libwww-perl cookbook does not work