Email To SMS
Author Message
 Email To SMS

I am trying to develop something that will allow selectively forward my
email to my cell phone.  What I am looking to find out if anyone knows of
modules that handle email to sms transformation and possible a rule based
engine that allow for the selective email forwarding portion of my little
project.

Thanks!
Hans

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 23:44:36 GMT
 Email To SMS
There are very much email to SMS (and visa versa) services, but the majority
of them are commercial :-(

I guess you are living in the Netherlands (cause of your name). In that case
you can take a free e-mail account on genie.nl. Somewhere in the options, it
is possible to select SMS alert of something like that. When an email comes
in, a SMS is send with the sender + subject (no body!!!).

We use it to give employees an alert when there are special things in the
company restaurant, so they can go a bit earlier to prevent staying in the
queue ;-)

Waldo

Quote:
> I am trying to develop something that will allow selectively forward my
> email to my cell phone.  What I am looking to find out if anyone knows of
> modules that handle email to sms transformation and possible a rule based
> engine that allow for the selective email forwarding portion of my little
> project.

> Thanks!
> Hans

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:06:18 GMT

1. PROPOSAL: SMS::Ringtone, SMS::Image, SMS::MT

2. SMS help

3. SMS...

4. SMS Module

5. sms on hypermart

6. send sms text message to wireless phones using sendmail - HELP

7. SMS using Perl?

8. I need help with SMS sending script

9. SMS

10. sms text messaging script

11. Newbie: want to shrink/compress/abbreviate text before sending to SMS phone

12. UK SMS Script