HPUX 9.04 Oraperl Problems (still)
Author Message
 HPUX 9.04 Oraperl Problems (still)

I am still having problems compiling oraperl for our HP G40 business
server. I have hacked the makefile so that it compiles, but when I do
a make test I get a unresolved symbol

/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: _db_enter_ (code)  from oraperl

When I posted to the net about this before it was suggested that I had
compiled some of the code with debugging enabled. I have checked this
out and I don't think that this is the case.

I would appreciate any Makefiles which you have for compiling oraperl,
whether for HPUX or not. This would at least enable me to see if I am
doing something stupid.

Thanks for any help in advance,

Dave Bell

| Motorola Semiconductor Products Sector,  Voice: 01355 - 565479           |
| East Kilbride,                           Fax:   01355 - 265460           |

Sat, 04 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 HPUX 9.04 Oraperl Problems (still)
Quote:

> I am still having problems compiling oraperl for our HP G40 business
> server. I have hacked the makefile so that it compiles, but when I do
> a make test I get a unresolved symbol

> /lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: _db_enter_ (code)  from oraperl

> When I posted to the net about this before it was suggested that I had
> compiled some of the code with debugging enabled. I have checked this
> out and I don't think that this is the case.

After a quick rummage I have determined that:

        The _db_enter_ symbol is defined in dbug/dbug.c.
        The _db_enter_ symbol is used by macros in dbug/dbug.h.
        dbug/dbug.h defines macros using _db_enter_ if DBUG_OFF is not set.
        dbug/dbug.h is #included by orafns.h.
        orafns.h defines DBUG_OFF if DEBUGGING is not defined.

Given the above I believe that:

        You're perl was built with -DDEBUGGING.
        That DEBUGGING macro is propagating to oraperl (as it should).
        The DEBUGGING causes dbug/dbug.h to define macros using _db_enter_.

Given the above you have two main choices:

        Build perl (and hence uperl.o) without -DDEBUGGING.
        Edit the oraperl Makefile to build and link with dbug/dbug.o

Quote:
> Thanks for any help in advance,

No problem (excuse the tone, I've not had my morning coffee yet :-)

Quote:
> Dave Bell

Regards,
Tim.

Sun, 05 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem building Perl on HPUX 9.04

2. Info for perl-porters: yacc discrepancy on HPUX 9.04

3. Building Perl5.003 on HPUX 9.04

4. db.h for HPUX 9.04

5. ADVICE Sought: PGPERL Installation on Solaris2.5.1 and/or HPUX 9.04

6. Perl 5.001 on hpux 9.04

7. Perl5.001m problem with 9.04

8. p5a10b on HP-UX 9.04

9. p5a10c - a2p does not make cleanly on HP-UX 9.04

10. Can't build DBI-0.53 on HP-UX 9.04

11. Perl 5.000 for HP-UX 9.04

12. Compiled Perl for HP-UX 9.04?