PERL vs. C/C++ code size factor
Author Message
 PERL vs. C/C++ code size factor

Hi,

I'm looking for some info on software metrics.
We make products consisting of PERL code, and we would like to
compare fault density and productivity with other products, coded
in C or C++.

Can you give me a conversion factor for that, with a solid
foundation? Estimates by our designers on efficiency of PERL vs.
C code were between 2.7 and 7.

I have heard of the FunctionPointAnalysis method, and I know that
they use conversion factors. So any pointer to related information
would also be very welcome.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Andreas

NB. Please reply by e-mail, I don't have the time to read the
news regularly! Thanks again.

--
--- A.A.Buykx ------------ Ericsson Telefoon Mij ---------------

--- ETM/RPE kr. 17129 ---- phone: +31-(0)161-24.24.05 ----------
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- That's all, folks!!! -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Fri, 30 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Hot novel by CS professor, includes perl code

2. Australian FTP site for perl4.0 - escher.gallery.cs.unsw.oz.au

3. Soliciting views on PLs in CS education

4. how to be a CS major

5. Routine to Color-Code Java/C/C++ Code

6. closures in Perl vs. function objects in C++

7. Need ammunition for Perl vs. C/C++

8. Help for OODBs and Perl vs Java or C++

9. assoc array in c++ vs perl

10. Perl Vs C,C++

11. Newbie: Perl useless? vs Flex/C++

12. Perl vs. Java or C++