do sockets in bigperl work ?
Author Message
 do sockets in bigperl work ?

I downloaded bigperl, a perl version for DOS/Windows.
I would like to use it with a winsock.dll supplying sockets.
However, I didn't find a note (neither in the FAQ nor in
the READMEs) whether sockets will work on this platform.

I'd like to know before I start installing - I can't just simply
test because I have no sockets running yet.

Any comments are welcome

Georg

Sun, 23 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 do sockets in bigperl work ?

Quote:

>I downloaded bigperl, a perl version for DOS/Windows.
>I would like to use it with a winsock.dll supplying sockets.
>However, I didn't find a note (neither in the FAQ nor in
>the READMEs) whether sockets will work on this platform.

Not implemented in this particular port.

Sun, 23 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. bigperl release 3 is done!

2. Socket support for DOS/Windows bigperl

3. Bigperl, Sockets and money

4. Making bigperl 5.003 work (MSDOS)

5. socket -vs- Socket (or get h2ph to work)

6. Sockets: What am I doing wrong?

7. unbinding/resetting socket when done with it

8. ...Can I work at home doing Perl...?

9. X operation in bigperl debugger?

10. DOS/bigperl, memory problems on big runs?

11. DOS BigPerl and DOS4GW.EXE Question

12. DOS/4GW Error using BigPerl 4.0M2