static perl binary
Author Message
 static perl binary

i'm using thttpd for a web server, and am chroot'ing the web directory
for security reasons. however, i need to run a few cgi programs with
this web server. the thttpd documentation recommends either copying all
of the required libs to the chroot'ed environment, or making all cgi
programs statically compiled binaries. however, i'd like to run perl
scripts as my cgi programs, and was considering the possibility of
building a completly statically linked perl interpreter. this way, all i
need is the one perl binary, and my scripts (and anything else the
scripts require).

any thought on how i could go about doing this?

thanks a bazillion.

-E

Wed, 25 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 static perl binary
I was thinking to just hardlink all the required files into the chroot'd
environment.

Andy

Quote:
> i'm using thttpd for a web server, and am chroot'ing the web directory
> for security reasons. however, i need to run a few cgi programs with
> this web server. the thttpd documentation recommends either copying all
> of the required libs to the chroot'ed environment, or making all cgi
> programs statically compiled binaries. however, i'd like to run perl
> scripts as my cgi programs, and was considering the possibility of
> building a completly statically linked perl interpreter. this way, all i
> need is the one perl binary, and my scripts (and anything else the
> scripts require).

> any thought on how i could go about doing this?

> thanks a bazillion.

> -E

Sat, 05 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. static perl binary

2. howto place perl scripts and static html files in the same directory with Apache-perl

3. Trying to change perl.dll to a static library (for Perl compiler)

4. Building Perl on Windows as Static Library (as opposed to a DLL)

5. perl & static modules

6. static Perl

7. Is it possible to build a static Perl?

8. static variable for perl?

9. Building Perl on Windows as Static Library (as opposed to a DLL)

10. Compiling Perl as static library

11. perl & static modules

12. static extent/local scope in perl?