Problem with displaying MySQL DB data in on-the-fly HTML form
Author Message
 Problem with displaying MySQL DB data in on-the-fly HTML form

I have the following problem.

I have a form created on the fly via a perl script that maintains a MySQL
table. Any field that has spaces does not display properly. Only the text up
to the first space displays in the HTML text box. If I use code that embeds
the HTML space octet, it displays properly.

I know it must be something really dumb.

TIA for assistance

JL

Sat, 24 Dec 2005 21:01:21 GMT
 Problem with displaying MySQL DB data in on-the-fly HTML form
never mind... found answer

JL

Quote:
> I have the following problem.

> I have a form created on the fly via a perl script that maintains a MySQL
> table. Any field that has spaces does not display properly. Only the text
up
> to the first space displays in the HTML text box. If I use code that
embeds
> the HTML space octet, it displays properly.

> I know it must be something really dumb.

> TIA for assistance

> JL

Sun, 25 Dec 2005 03:54:39 GMT

1. Display form data in a html format.

2. get text from mysql db into form

3. Inserting, deleting, displaying data from MySQL using CGI

4. Problem writing form field data to new HTML page

5. How to display all records in flat-file db using HTML

6. Can not display inputted data on form

7. Using text file to display form data

8. Displaying form Data

9. Special Characters from HTML form to Oracle DB

10. Specifying mySQL output columns from HTML form checkboxes?

11. problem with CGI.pm and textarea in multipart/form-data forms

12. Help with HTML forms and MYSQL insert