How to write search engine like Yahoo??
Author Message
 How to write search engine like Yahoo??

Hi,  I want to write a chinese search engine likeyahoo.
Is Perl as a first choice? Has any web site to teach people how to
write a search engine? Thank you for helping.

Fri, 30 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to write search engine like Yahoo??

Try http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/links/index.htm

Quote:

> Hi,  I want to write a chinese search engine likeyahoo.
> Is Perl as a first choice? Has any web site to teach people how to
> write a search engine? Thank you for helping.

----> http://www.groundbreak.com  <----
Wake Forest University School of Medicine
5019 Hanes, Medical Center Blvd.
Winston-Salem, NC 27157
Phone: 336.716.0454     FAX: 336.716.7200

Fri, 30 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to write search engine like Yahoo??

Quote:
>Hi,  I want to write a chinese search engine likeyahoo.
>Is Perl as a first choice? Has any web site to teach people how to
>write a search engine? Thank you for helping.

Your first choice is a general programming resource, like a class or
some sort of self study, in order to learn about algorithms for
searching and what not. Then you need to learn CGI, and only then
should you worry about what language to write actual code in. This
should be whatever language you feel more comfortable in.

HTH,
Kvan.

-------Casper Kvan Clausen------ | 'A *person* is smart. People are

                                 |  and you know it.'
                                 |        - "K" in Men in Black.

Fri, 30 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to write search engine like Yahoo??
Hi,
    I'm putting together a little memo for my boss concerning perl compiling,
perl executables,etc.  I'm having a hard time finding anything in the
FAQ's or the general web dealing with these topics.  Also equally
evasive or any articles on C/C++/Perl integration.  Can anyone point out
a good site or sites to visit to aid my search?
thanks,
jm

Fri, 30 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to write search engine like Yahoo??

Perl is a good choice (as I know, Yahoo! uses Perl).

Check for PerlHoo!. It's a Yahoo! like web directory Perl script, free
for use. (Hotbot [or some other search engine] should help you find it)

wilson a crit:

Quote:

--
Not lucky enought to use Unix, but just enought to be able to use Dos
and not just Windows.

Sun, 02 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to write search engine like Yahoo??
Hi,
    I'm putting together a little memo for my boss concerning perl compiling,
perl executables,etc.  I'm having a hard time finding anything in the
FAQ's or the general web dealing with these topics.  Also equally
evasive or any articles on C/C++/Perl integration.  Can anyone point out
a good site or sites to visit to aid my search?
thanks,
jm

Fri, 07 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to write search engine like Yahoo??

Quote:
>Hi,
>perl executables,etc.  I'm having a hard time finding anything in the
>FAQ's or the general web dealing with these topics.  Also equally
>evasive or any articles on C/C++/Perl integration.  Can anyone point out
>a good site or sites to visit to aid my search?

The pod files in the perl source distribution have a file called
perlembed.pod. My ISP (running *BSD) has the pod files in
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00502/pod, and on my home machine (NT4) at
C:\Perl\lib\Pod. Installation also has the option to convert *.pod files
in to HTML.

--
Cory C. Albrecht
http://www.sentex.ca/~cory/

Mon, 10 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to write search engine like yahoo?

2. How to write search engine like Yahoo??

3. How to write search engine like yahoo?

4. Need Source for search engine like google/yahoo

5. Need Source for search engine like google/yahoo

6. yahoo like search engine

7. Looking for a Yahoo-like search engine/directory

8. Indexing Search Engine like Yahoo!

9. How-To search engine on search engines/mlml

10. need to write www search engine

11. need to write www search engine

12. Who can help me write full-text search engine in Perl with indexing