Using serial port on Milan Fastport print server
Author Message
 Using serial port on Milan Fastport print server

Okay, this request is probably a little bit out there but I'll ask anyways.
I have a Milan Fastport 3000 ethernet print server.  It has a DB9 serial
port and a RS232 parallel port on the front of it.  I have it set up on my
lan with an IP, and I can telnet into it.  I don't want to use it as a print
server, but I would really like to be able to use the serial port on it.  I
would really like to be able to toggle the DTR and RTS lines from one of the
machines on my LAN - basically talk to the port as if it was the machine's
own.  Does anyone think that's possible?  Does anyone have any idea as to
how I might go about doing it?  Thanks, so much, in advance,

Duncan Hudson

Wed, 09 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. redirecting serial port to socket: no read from serial port

2. Printing to a serial port duplicates first 4k, then OK

3. Printing Bits to Serial Port

4. How can I read a serial port in Perl (with NT4.0 server)

5. Using serial ports under OS/2

6. Example code using RS-422A serial port?

7. help wanted using perl to connect to a serial port

8. ANNOUNCE Mac::Serial.pm v1.007 - OOI to Macintosh serial ports

9. Problem with dealing with serial ports using Perl for Win32

10. Reading serial ports using perl 5 under Win95...

11. How to read and write serial port using PERL in REDHAT 8.0

12. Serial Port using Perl on SunSparc