GOOD PERL BOOKS???
Author Message
 GOOD PERL BOOKS???

I AM LEARNING HTML/PERL.  DOES ANYONE HAVE THE NAME/AUTHOR OF A GOOD
TYPE OF RESOURCE BOOK?
PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Sun, 23 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 GOOD PERL BOOKS???
: I AM LEARNING HTML/PERL.  DOES ANYONE HAVE THE NAME/AUTHOR OF A GOOD
: TYPE OF RESOURCE BOOK?
: PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

I bought 'Programming Perl' and learned sufficient Perl in about two days
to do about anything I can think of.  Published by O'Reilly and
Associates, co-authored by Randal Schwartz and _Larry Wall_.

And it's kind of funny too.  :)  (not to mention the wonderful picture of
the camel on the front)

Daniel R. Chick
Lion's Den LLC

http://www.globalone.net/lionsden/

Sun, 23 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 GOOD PERL BOOKS???

Quote:
> I AM LEARNING HTML/PERL.  DOES ANYONE HAVE THE NAME/AUTHOR OF A GOOD
> TYPE OF RESOURCE BOOK?
> PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

s/($POST)/"\l$1"/g;       :)

"Programming Perl" is excellent, as are many of the O'Reilly books.
There is a list of good books in the perl FAQ.

   The Official Internet Raytracing Competition!  More info and pics here:
                     ftp://ftp.povray.org/pub/competition
+-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+
|  WWW-MK3-PERL-POVRAY-RGVA-CGR-ISCA  |  E-mail me if you have spare money! |

Mon, 24 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 GOOD PERL BOOKS???

Quote:

>I AM LEARNING HTML/PERL.  DOES ANYONE HAVE THE NAME/AUTHOR OF A GOOD
>TYPE OF RESOURCE BOOK?
>PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

For the Perl side, the old reliables are Randal Schwartz's "Learning
Perl" (aka Llama) and Larry Wall/Randal Schwartz's "Programming Perl"
(aka Camel).

The latter, which I bought first before having access to Perl and
which got me interested enough to hunt down an interpreter, is an
excellent reference manual with many thoughtful examples.  I think it
might be difficult to learn from if one does not have a background in
multiple other languages, especially Unix shell scripting and Awk.
Learning Perl is less dependent on prior programming experience.

All IMHO of course.

-- SP

Mon, 24 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Perl Cookbook - is this the best perl book?

2. Good Perl book?

3. Looking for a good perl book

4. What's a good Perl book?

5. Good Perl Book