travesty doesn't work?
Author Message
 travesty doesn't work?

Playing around with the examples from the O'Reilly book "Programming Perl",
I tried the program "travesty" in chapter 7.  From the example in the
book, it appears to make a garbled interpretation of it's input file(S)
using word frequency.  However, it also appears to be an infinite loop
that keeps spitting out the garbled text, with no way of ending the loop
other than ctrl-c or ctrl-z.  Did anyone else try this program out?
the program certainly has plenty to study, but I am confused as to exactly
what it is supposed to do.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-- Chris Hooten

Mon, 17 Jun 1996 07:20:52 GMT

1. Directory handling script works and doesn't work

2. ODBC.PM and sql's Like doesn't work

3. UNIVERSAL doesn't work how I'd expect

4. UNIVERSAL doesn't work how I'd expect

5. open'ing lynx doesn't work when called by cron

6. http proxy in chroot'ed environment doesn't work - help

7. Apache, embperl, mod_perl : require doesn't work and can't write to file

8. UNIVERSAL doesn't work how I'd expect

9. Why doesn't this program work?

10. lvalue sub doesn't work inside perl debugger

11. why doesn't localtime()[2] work?

12. -e doesn't work on chrooted perl