Open(command |) and stderr
Author Message
 Open(command |) and stderr

Hello,

I'm looking for a piece of code that opens a pipe and does not only
send stdout, but also sends stderr of the command to the pipe. Of course,
I know that I can do open(command 2>1 |) but in this case, /bin/sh is
used to evaluate the command and I'm loosing control over possible error codes
returned by exec (this way it is very hard to determine if the command does
not exist).

Best regards,

                    Frank

  Frank Volf - Stichting Internet Access Eindhoven - Digitale Stad Eindhoven

     IAE Public Access Unix System - Dial +31.40.439436 and login as new.

Thu, 28 Aug 1997 03:11:29 GMT

1. open a piped command including stderr

2. "open" pipe with stderr

3. Piping in stderr when creating a pipe with the open call

4. Capturing stderr through open [4.036]

5. Directing stderr when opening a pipe?

6. Calling ph from a cgi script (can't re-open stderr)

7. Opening STDERR for input

8. handling STDERR in open()

9. redirecting stderr in an open statement on WIN32

10. Capturing stderr through open [4.036]

11. warn not working after re-opening STDERR

12. Changing STDERR for an open pipe statement (How ?)