Help writing lisp function
Author Message
 Help writing lisp function

Hi,

I have recently started using gnus to read USENET news.

I'd like to write a lisp function to do the following (in "pseudocode"):

if article not selected
        select article
elif not end of article
        page article
elif not end of thread
        select next article
else
        return to summary buffer
endif

I don't really know lisp, so any code suggestions would be helpful.

Please email reponses.

Thank you,

Craig Armstrong

Thu, 24 Sep 1998 04:00:00 GMT
 Help writing lisp function

| Hi,
|
| I have recently started using gnus to read USENET news.
|
| I'd like to write a lisp function to do the following (in "pseudocode"):
|
| if article not selected
|         select article

In *Summary* this is SPACE key.

| elif not end of article
|         page article

In *Article* this is SPACE key.

| elif not end of thread
|         select next article

old GNUS does quite poor threading, but I have got used to it already,
I don't know good suggestion for this.

| else
|         return to summary buffer

C-x o to switch buffers.

| endif
|
| I don't really know lisp, so any code suggestions would be helpful.

Are you sure you need lisp for this all...
Also check out the next generation GNUS(formely ding) that comes with
the latest emacs version 19.30+. It's total rewrite.

Cheers!
--
/Jari, "The Man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything."

Sat, 26 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Help writing lisp function

I have recieved a few responces, and realize my previous post was not clear as
to what I was wanting.

Basically I want to modify the default function invoked by space in the
*Summary* buffer (gnus-summary-next-page)

   Hi,

   I have recently started using gnus to read USENET news.

   I'd like to write a lisp function to do the following (in "pseudocode"):

   if article not selected
           select article
   elif not end of article
           page article

gnus-summary-next-page seems fine up to here, but has not provisions for
checking threading:

   elif not end of thread
           select next article
   else
           return to summary buffer

What I meant here was to return to the summary buffer full screen so I could
browse the subjects quicker before reading a new thread.

   endif

   I don't really know lisp, so any code suggestions would be helpful.

   Please email reponses.

   Thank you,

   Craig Armstrong

Thanks again,

Craig Armstrong

Sat, 26 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. help trying to write a function

2. Need help in writing F77 subroutine and function!!!

3. Need help writing second() function

4. Lisp code that writes non-lisp code

5. Help wiht LISP Function (Newbie)

6. how to write function that returns function

7. how to write function that returns function

8. Help wiht LISP Function (Newbie)

9. Help on simple LISP function

10. Help: passing functions as arguments in Common Lisp

11. Common Lisp: passing a function to a function and applying it