Tcl/Tk
Author Message
 Tcl/Tk

Can someone tell me what Tcl/Tk is?  Also, where can I get further
info about it?

Thanks,
Rick

Sat, 03 Aug 1996 03:52:06 GMT
 Tcl/Tk
   Can someone tell me what Tcl/Tk is?  Also, where can I get further
   info about it?

Tcl is an abbrevation for "Tool Command Language" and is pronounced
"tickle". Tcl is a very fast, neat, interpreted, embedded language

Tk is an extension to Tcl which provides the programmer an extension
to a window system. The combination of Tcl and Tk is very powerful and
is often used through "wish", a windowing shell. There are wish'es
available for many major window systems. Please note that it's also
possible to impliment Tcl/Tk using their respective C libraries.

If you want more information, I'd recommend you to get the drafts on
Ousterhouts book on Tcl/tk from ftp.cs.berkeley.edu:/ucb/tcl. Source
code and other papers/packages are also available in this dir. Much
information and Tcl/Tk related packages are also available on
harbor.ecn.purdue.edu/pub/tcl.

Hope this helps.

--

\ Fjellbirkeland 21A 114, N-0864 Oslo, Norway - Tel: +47 22 187103 - *<8O) /

Mon, 05 Aug 1996 19:25:04 GMT
 Tcl/Tk
Thanks to all those who responded!!!

Rick

Sat, 10 Aug 1996 21:45:57 GMT

1. Running a Tcl/Tk applet within a Tcl/Tk program

2. converting Java app to Tcl/Tk ( new thread for all the tcl/tk itcl gurus)

3. Tcl/Tk 8.2.3 and Tcl/Tk 8.3.0 under windows

4. Mixing Xevents and Tcl/Tk events with tcl/tk version 8.0/8.2

5. tcl/tk-scripts, Apache & tcl/tk-plugin

6. Tcl/Tk '98: 6th USENIX Tcl/Tk Conference

7. Executing TCL/TK from TCL/TK

8. tcl/tk 8.0 problem with Windows app that calls tcl/tk script

9. how C call tcl/tk OR tcl/tk call C code

10. Change from TCL/TK(7.4,4.0) to TCL/TK(7.5,4.1)

11. Installing both tcl/tk 3.6 and tcl/tk 4.x

12. tcl/tk editor written in tcl/tk?