Conceptual Dependency in Lisp
Author Message
 Conceptual Dependency in Lisp

Hi to all
              have anyone realized a program in Lisp using the Conceptual
Dependency Theory of Roger Schank ?
Ciao Franco

Sun, 05 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Conceptual Dependency in Lisp

Quote:

> Hi to all
>               have anyone realized a program in Lisp using the Conceptual
> Dependency Theory of Roger Schank ?
> Ciao Franco

You will find various Schankian implementations in the book "Inside Computer
Understanding. Five Programs plus Miniatures", though not Common Lisp for
obvious reasons

Unless this is an assignment (homework ;-), I must point that CD is not
exactly ...mmm
state-of-the-art in NLP. You'll find some NLP Lisp code in Gazdar and
Mellish's
"NLP in Lisp" (though their Lisp style cannot be considered as "mainstream"
these days)
Also, Norvig's textbook has a good chapter on parsing.

Marc

Sun, 05 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Conceptual Dependency in Lisp

  have anyone realized a program in Lisp using the Conceptual Dependency
  Theory of Roger Schank ?

Probably all the code that ever used CD written in lisp.  You might try
getting "Inside Computer Understanding" by Schank and Riesbeck

  http://www.erlbaum.com/758.htm

I think the code from it (not common lisp) is floating around the net
somewhere, too.

You might also be interested in this:

  http://mu.www.media.mit.edu/people/wsack/micro-talespin.txt

Larry

--
Lawrence Hunter, Ph.D.        Chief, Molecular Statistics and Bioinformatics

Federal Building, Room 3C06                         phone: +1 (301) 402-0389
7550 Wisconsin Ave.                                   fax: +1 (301) 480-0223
Bethesda, MD 20892  USA

Sun, 05 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Conceptual Dependency in Lisp

Quote:

>> Hi to all
>>               have anyone realized a program in Lisp using the Conceptual
>> Dependency Theory of Roger Schank ?
>> Ciao Franco

>You will find various Schankian implementations in the book "Inside
Computer
>Understanding. Five Programs plus Miniatures", though not Common Lisp for
>obvious reasons

>Unless this is an assignment (homework ;-), I must point that CD is not
>exactly ...mmm
>state-of-the-art in NLP. You'll find some NLP Lisp code in Gazdar and
>Mellish's
>"NLP in Lisp" (though their Lisp style cannot be considered as "mainstream"
>these days)
>Also, Norvig's textbook has a good chapter on parsing.

>Marc

Although Conceptual Dependency theory may not be an active research area
(and thus, perhaps, not 'state of the art'), it still remains a useful way
to think about sentence semantics.  It remains odd that most (not all, but
most) research in NLP ignore semantics.

Code from "Inside Case-Based Reasoning" can be found at the CMU AI
Repository, at
<http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/project/ai-repository/ai/areas/reasonng/...
sd/riesbeck/0.html>

This code _is_ in Common Lisp (unlike "Insider Computer Understanding"). The
code for the DMAP (Direct Memory Access Parser) is a very useful starting
point for building semantic parsers.

Tue, 07 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Prolog and Conceptual Dependency

2. conceptual dependency in prolog

3. novice's conceptual question re lisp compilers

4. lisp dependencies

5. Lisp,LIsp,LISp,LISP...

6. Lisp,LIsp,LISp,LISP...

7. Need conceptual Ideas for Recurring entries

8. Conceptual Ada Problems

9. I need conceptual help

10. Conceptual structures

11. Programme for ICCS'95: International Conference on Conceptual Structure

12. Programme for ICCS'95: International Conference on Conceptual Structure