new Common Lisp for Windows 95/98/NT on the web
Author Message
 new Common Lisp for Windows 95/98/NT on the web

Dear lisp users,

On Lisp's 40th birthday, I am pleased to announce a new Common Lisp
compiler and development environment for Windows 95/98/NT. This is a full
featured system with very fast performance (competitive with the fastest
Windows
Common Lisps) and full support for using Win32 to build applications.
It compiles to machine code (no interpreter is included), supports
OS-level threads (minimal support now, more under development)
save-image, save-application, etc.

The compiler is free, and I am distributing the source code along
with it (in Common Lisp). A free console app may be used to interact
with the compiler (a listener) but the included IDE application provides
a much richer lisp-enhanced editor and development environment.
I plan to ask a modest license fee for the IDE, although details are
not finished. The included evaluation copy of the IDE is fully
functional for 30 days, after which it will add a nag dialog (and
I hope to have licensing details finalized by then).

I know many of you in this newsgroup will be both interested and
possibly skeptical of this system, and I encourage you to please
download a copy and try it out. I have included some documentation
(in the form of a Word 97 format manual) but have not had time to
document it extensively. Any of you who get back to me with helpful
feedback I will be happy to repay you with a free registration code
for the IDE.

I am the developer of PowerLisp for the Macintosh, which has
been useful for many years for a large number of people.
This new product, called Corman Lisp, is far superior, however, and has
been written from the ground up for the Win32 environment. I have
been working on it for over 2 years, and am eager to get some
feedback. I believe it will fill an important niche and make Common
Lisp a more viable development platform.

You may download the latest version at the following site:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

The download is about 2.5 megs, and is a self-extracting installer
program, which installs the compiler, IDE, console (which you don't
need if you use the IDE) and source code.

Thanks,

Roger Corman

Fri, 20 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 new Common Lisp for Windows 95/98/NT on the web

Quote:

> Dear lisp users,

> On Lisp's 40th birthday, I am pleased to announce a new Common Lisp
> compiler and development environment for Windows 95/98/NT.

What a great present!

Thanks Roger!

--
http://www.lavielle.com/~joswig

Fri, 20 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 new Common Lisp for Windows 95/98/NT on the web

Quote:

>Dear lisp users,

>On Lisp's 40th birthday, I am pleased to announce a new Common Lisp
>compiler and development environment for Windows 95/98/NT. This is a full
>featured system with very fast performance (competitive with the fastest
>Windows

I got up early this AM.  I've spent 2 hours with your Lisp's 40th birthday
present.  Wow, thanks.  Lucky me I got the dayoff....I know what I'll be
doing for a while.

Thanks
Rusty
....."saucy doghearted pumpio".....I particularly liked that one.   I'll try
to remember to give you a credit every time I use it :)

Fri, 20 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clipper development for Windows 95, 98 & NT

2. Native XDS-x86 2.32 and XDS-C 2.32 for Windows NT/95/98 released

3. Native XDS-x86 2.32 and XDS-C 2.32 for Windows NT/95/98 released

4. AdaGIDE 7.00 release (Ada GUI IDE for Windows 95,98,ME,NT,2000,XP)

5. Windows 95/98/NT assembler programming

6. Windows 95/98/NT assembler programming

7. Online Tutorial for Windows 95/98/NT applications programming with FORTRAN

8. Online Tutorial for Windows 95/98/NT applications programming with FORTRAN

9. Making A Standalone Executable Under Windows NT/95/98

10. Embedding Python in Windows 95/98/NT

11. Affordable Common Lisp implementations on Win95/98/NT?

12. Free Lisp Compiler for WINDOWS 95, WINDOWS NT